- The application must relate to the deciduous fruit value chain within the pome, stone, table and wine grapes industries.
- Be able to create sustainable permanent and permanent seasonal jobs within the 3-year implementation period at an approximate cost of R300 000 per job.
- Be at least 51% black owned or reach at 51% black ownership at the signing of the funding agreement.
- Must be a “juristic person” in the form of a company, trust or cooperative.
- The business must have the ability to meet the repayment obligations.
- Must consent to appropriate post investment support which includes mentoring, capacity building, reporting, implementation of financial and admin systems and regular monitoring and evaluation audits.